Dr. Trevelyan's Da Vinci Conversation

Thursday, May 18, 2006

The Priory of Finchelsea IX.

"What?" Flash demanded.
"I said le cryptogapher est arrive."
"I know you did, but you're on duty now, not in French night class. So what is that in English?"
"There's a cryptographer here, sir."
"Well, speak English, not that poncey French rubbish!"
With a dreadful accent, Dr. Barton thought.
"Sorry, sir."
"I should hope so! This cryptographer, who is he?"
"She, sir."
Well, I hope she's not another idiot bimbo like you. Go get her. Why's she here?"
"She's solved the number code, sir."
"Is there a washroom around here?" Dr. Barton asked. "I went out in a hurry..."
"Go!" Inspector Flash cried. Dr. Barton went. It wasn't until she was well and truly lost in the bowels of the church that she remembered that she had no idea what was down there, or where the toilets were.
Typical, Lil Barton, she thought. Sit down and wait for the cops to find you.
"Dr. Barton?"
The speaker was a young woman in a bright orange sweater and blue jeans. Lil smiled.
"No, Batman."
"You don't look like him..." the young woman began. Lil groaned.
"I'm Lil Barton, You can call me Dr. Barton."
"Kathy Carlton. The Carlton's spelled with a 'c'. Dr. Barton, the police suspect you killed Dr. Llewellyn Pryce-Rees-Evans-Jones. Flash wants to take you in for it."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home