Dr. Trevelyan's Da Vinci Conversation

Friday, May 19, 2006

The Priory of Finchelsea X.

"What?" Dr. Barton exclaimed in utter amazement. "Is he insane?"
"It's a possibility," Kathy Carlton admitted. Did you see the writing on the floor?"
"Sure, it makes no sense."
"But there was originally another line to it." Kathy showed Lil Barton a photograph. It showed the floor as Dr. Barton had seen it, but with an extra line. A line that horrified Lil.
1,7,2,8,3,5,9,3,6,97
Ha Cohen Hagadol
Summer is acumen in
Beware the Bat
P.S. Find Lil Barton
"Lil! I didn't even know Dr. Llewellyn Pryce-Rees-Evans-Jones, and he called me Lil and wrote my name as a clue in his own murder!" Dr Barton was not at all happy. "Boy, the man must have hated me!"
"I solved the numbers. Look," Kathy showed Lil a sheet of paper covered in numbers.
1,2,3,45,6,7,8,9,97.
"You put them in order." Lil sounded considerably less than impressed.
"It was all I could do with them. The second line is in Hebrew transliterated into English characters. 'Ha Cohen ha Gadol' is Hebrew for 'the High Priest.'"
"And the third line is from an olde English song, while the third one has something to do with Batman," Lil Barton groaned. "And Flash thinks I did it."
"He's got a chip on his shoulder about Americans."
"And I happen to be one! Would it make any difference if I told him I was born a German?"
"Yes, then he'd be sure to arrest you."
"I could lie and say I was born English."
"Flash hates the English too. He's that messed up."
"So what do we do next?"
"I have an idea," Kathy said. Lil had a very bad feeling about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home