Dr. Trevelyan's Da Vinci Conversation

Monday, June 05, 2006

The Priory of Finchelsea XX

"I'm afraid I don't keep tabs on every insane secret society in the U.K." Lil declared. "I have better things to do with my time. Like my job."
"Well, I have a more difficult job," Sir Richard told her, "and I do. Now, the fact that Dr. Llewellyn Pryce-Rees-Evans-Jones was engaged in an unmentionable ritual act with a goat means that we're limited to about four secret societies who practice that particular bit of depravity. The Yellow Druids of the Order of the Inverted Dolmen only admit men under five foot tall, so he couldn't have been a member of that one. The Black Druids of Llanfairfach all thew themselves off Cader Idris back in the 1990s, so it can't be that organisation. That leaves the Priory of Finchelsea and the Monkery of Borth. Which one do you go for, Lil?"
"The Monkery of Borth. I think I've been there."
"You have, it's a village just outside Aberystwyth. You were nearly strangled there by a giant moth, if you remember?"
"Like I could forget that! So that's what it's called! So what's the Monkery of Borth about?"
"They're involved in hiding the truth about the treasure of the last native Prince of Wales. Or they were until I found the boodle hiden in a castle fifteen miles away from where the Monkery of Borth thought it was. So I'm not sure why anyone would want to bump off anyone involved with the Monkery. So that leaves the Priory of Finchelsea. And I think, my dear lasses, that the Priory has to be the society that Dr Llewellyn Pryce-Rees-Evans-Jones was a member of."
"Why?" Lil asked.
"Only option, lass. So, we are on the trail of the Priory of Finchelsea! Laddie, bring beer that I may consume it! Oh, and I need to go around to Lil's hotel and abstract some of her things from her room under the eyes of the police. Beer, laddie! Beer!"
Lil wondered if she'd actually et any sleep that night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home