Dr. Trevelyan's Da Vinci Conversation

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

The Priory of Finchelsea, XXIII

"The Priory of Finchelsea," Sir Teabag Sumner intoned, "was founded in 1067 by a group of nobles in a small village outside London, for the purposes of concealing a number of deep, dark secrets. Fortunately for us, I know of their existence through my reasearch of decades into the Holy Grail," the elderly knight/historian tittered in a senile manner.
"The Holy Grail?" Kathy, who had just entered, asked.
"It's in a bank vault in Aberystwyth," Lil told her firmly. "I know because Arcos and I stopped the Mad Monk of Maes-y-Neuadd from stealing it a couple of years back. Despite being assisted by a giant moth, the Mad Monk totally understimated us, and we were able to bring him to justice. Oh, we've had some fun, haven't we, Lil?"
"Great fun," Lil agreed. "Sir Teabag?"
"I was going to say that the Holy Grail is really a symbol of the divine feminine, but you two just said it isn't." Sumner sounded confused.
"I know," Lil grinned. "We do that sort of thing. Just go on with what you were saying."
"I don't think I can. Well, anyway, have a look at this." he took a picture out of a drawer and showed it to Lil. She smiled as she recognised it.
"That's Leonardo Da Vinci's The Last Supper!"
"Exactly. And tell me what you see."
"A very decayed piece of Renaissance art?" Lil suggested.
"What does the picture show?"
"A group of lepers?" Arcos suggested, much to his friend's annoyance.
"No!"
"Christ and the twelve Apostles," Lil decided to be sensible.
"So what about this one!"
"That's the Apostle John," Lil was unimpressed. "It was conventional to show him as a young man -because he was the last of the Apostles to die. That's why he's got no beard. And if you're going to ask me why there's no 'Holy Grail' on the table, I'll scream."
"I won't then. Anyhow, the point is that the Priory of Finchelsea was intended to hide a deep, dark secret about a woman in Christ's life that would destroy the Church, were it made public. o the Church has for centuries tried to suppress it, while the Priory keeps it alive. If Dr. Llewellyn Pryce-Rees-Evans-Jones was a member of the Priory, no doubt he was murdered by the Church, or by one of her agents."
"I'm back in the frame," the devout Presbyterian Dr. Barton complained.
This had better improve, she thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home